Wednesday 3 August 2011

Vintage Festival Southbank 2011

Here are a couple of drawings I produced as part of my mini residency at the Southbank Centre's Vintage Festival last weekend. I am thrilled to have been part of such a fantastic event and feel it has provided me with almost too much inspiration to capture on a page! This, then is the start of a much bigger project that will develop my first findings. So, keep your eye out for more in the future!



Having created a largely typographic piece, I found myself being drawn to the various vintage typefaces that peppered the festival in the stall holder's logos, the bric-a-brac stalls and the brilliant Southbank signage created by the amazing Morag Myerscough. Here are some of my snaps of the type I found and lovely people I met.







  









 









No comments:

Post a Comment